Jessica Kingsley Publishers' dedicated Alzheimer's and dementia team have kindly given four books for one lucky Care & Nursing Essentials reader to win.
The package consists of the following titles:
The Economics of Therapy: Caring for Clients, Colleagues, Commissioners and Cash-Flow in the Creative Arts Therapies
Edited by Daniel Thomas and Vicky Abad, Foreword by Brynjulf Stige
Arts therapy training does not generally cover building a professional practice, even though business skills are essential for success in the field. This book provides the economic fundamentals along with business strategies to develop an effective arts therapy practice that is profitable while affording ethical care to those who need it most.
The Dementia Diaries: A Novel in Cartoons
Matthew Snyman and Social Innovation Lab Kent. Foreword by Angela Rippon OBE
Brie, Fred, Sarah, and Sam tell you what it's really like to care for a relative who has dementia. Funny, moving and honest, their illustrated diary entries will completely alter your understanding of dementia. The book also contains practical tips and activities for young people who have a relative with the illness.
Can I tell you about Dementia? A guide for family, friends and carers
Jude Welton, illustrated by Jane Telford
Meet Jack - an older man with dementia. Jack invites readers to learn about dementia from his perspective, helping them to understand the challenges faced by someone with dementia and the changes it causes to memory, communication and behaviour. This illustrated book is an ideal way to introduce dementia to children and aid family discussions.
My Book about Brains, Change and Dementia: What is Dementia and What Does it Do?
Lynda Moore, illustrated by George Haddon
Explains the complex concepts of dementia, such as brain function, disease progression and death to pre-school aged children in a direct and age-appropriate way, as well as exploring children's feelings about these issues. This book caters for children aged 4+ who have a loved one at any stage of dementia.
For your chance to win the Jessica Kingsley Publishers book package, enter the Rafflecopter competition below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*The administrator of this competition is Care and Nursing Essentials magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 16th of September 2018.
* The prize is the Alzheimers and dementia books package from JKP. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on ‘Alzheimers and dementia books package’ information. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfilment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winner will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.